Module 05: Distribution Channels (M5-EN)
Objectives of this training module
The main objective of this module is to make you familiar with aspects of distribution for your monastic products, what kind of distribution channels and organisational forms might support your sales and which distribution strategy would best fit your monastic products.
The specific objective of this training module is to help you generate your own ideas to develop and enrich your own distribution activities.
This training module is designed to fit the training needs of the monks and nuns, management, staff and volunteers at European monasteries, no matter if they are run by Catholic or Protestant Orders or the Orthodox Church; by public or private operators.
All modules are relevant for all target groups, but some have a more specific character. They are all interrelated. They are different in terms of information, skills and competences level and target three groups:
- Target group 1: For people working on the implementation level like those in monastery shops three Modules are recommended: Module 1 as introduction to the training, Modules 3 and 4 about monastic products and authentic selling of monastic products. People starting to consider certain strategic aspects might get inspiration from Module 7 on value adding through networking.
- Target group 2: For people with a special knowledge or experiences or a certain background and/or specified tasks in the monastic management, Modules 2 on marketing strategies, Module 5 on distribution strategies, Module 8 on creating a strong brand, and Module 6 on social media and communication offer learning content and reflection.
- Target group 3: People on a strategy decision level with a highly specialized / experienced background and respective responsibilities in a monastery (Modules 9 on financing strategies and Module 10 on sustainability aspects).
Gained knowledge and skills
After this unit you will
- Be aware what distribution is;
- Be aware about the distribution channels that you can use;
- Learn about how to build your distribution strategy;
- Understand the importance of finding the right intermediaries for you;
- Be familiar with the most important considerations for distribution planning.
SKIVRE focuses on an interactive training approach, whether you use it as a self-learning course or instructed by a trainer. This training module includes:
- Individualized self-learning - a powerful learning method that enables each learner, on the basis of his/her own experience and knowledge, and on the basis of newly acquired knowledge, to reach development decisions on his/her own;
- Self-assessment - ongoing self-assessment tests or homework that learners send to their trainer prior to the commencement of each subsequent module;
- You might also work in small groups of 2 or 3, e.g. if you decide to implement this module with colleagues as a self-learning group in your monastery or supported by an external trainer.
You gain knowledge individually or in a group using:
- Training materials like this module;
- Training materials in nine more SKIVRE training modules which are closely linked to this module;
- The interactive SKIVRE online training platform: skivre.eu/training ;
- Facilitated training sessions for learning in a group with a professional trainer.
Distribution Channels – Definition, Types, & Functions. Marketing Essentials, https://www.feedough.com/distribution-channels-definition-types-functions/
Mark Roberge, Inbound Sales: How to Sell the Way Prospects Buy, https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/inbound-sales-transforming-the-way-you-sell
de.quora.com, What's the difference between inbound and outbound leads? https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-inbound-and-outbound-leads
INI-Novation Bulgaria OOD